Friday, October 11, 2019

Update: We're Moving!

Photo by Helena Lopes from Pexels

"Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches..." If you remember what song this is from and who wrote it, then you know approximately how old I am!  ;)  Yes.  We are moving!  As I write this, I am sitting in a hotel lobby in New Jersey.  We're on our way to Vermont, where we'll be staying with my in-laws while we look for a house to buy in Massachusetts!  We are looking for a moderately sized house with a lot of land!  We have about six or seven houses picked out from the web, and I'm sure our realtor has more for us to see.  We'll be up there for about a week and a half.  Our house is under contract, and it looks like this one will stick, so we need to be ready to move into our new house soon!

We live in the country now, on a pretty private five acres. We are looking for even more  privacy.  It's not that we don't like people.  We are just both introverts (I mean, hey--I'm a writer, after all!)  We are also homesteaders.  You can read about that on my personal blog

The past couple of months, I have not gotten much done on this front.  I've been working more than I have wanted to, and when I wasn't working, I've been resting and recovering.  My fibro has been off the charts.  Now that I've ended my job and stepped away from the whole house-selling fray for a bit, I'm feeling a little more relaxed.  As an early riser, I count this time as precious.  I will be designating my mornings as writing and meditation time.

I've noticed that a lot of the writings I am transcribing (stuff from the 90s, mostly) has a real YA feel to it.My intention was not to write YA, as I'm not particularly a fan, but I'm going to keep an open mind and see where this all goes.  I would eventually like to write horror, but first I need to establish a habit, get these pieces transcribed, and see where it all goes. I will probably take some writing classes and/or join a writing group once we've moved and settled.

All I know is that I love words. Words shape our reality.  They connect us to other people.  Whether I end up publishing and seeing any success or not, I know that my words will affect someone, somewhere, some day.

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Still Here!

A farm near our home. The above photo was taken last Friday, when my fiance and I went to do some volunteering. The site is beau...